The Reclaiming Our Futures Alliance (ROFA) is an alliance of Disabled People and their organisations ’s (DPOs) in England who have joined together to defend disabled people’s rights and campaign for an inclusive society. ROFA fights for equality for disabled people in England and works with sister organisations across the UK in the tradition of the international disability movement. We base our work on the social model of disability, human and civil rights in line with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). We oppose the discriminatory and disproportionate attacks on our rights by past and current Government’s. Alliance member organisations have been at the forefront of campaigning against austerity and welfare reform and inequality.
- To be a united voice for disabled people and grassroots DPOs, groups and networks across England
- To co-ordinate campaigns at a local, regional and national level.
- To create & share tools to enable DPOs to challenge, campaign and influence policy.
- To share information, knowledge and peer support.
- To create inclusive spaces for ROFA members and the wider disabled people’s rights movement to develop our thinking, policy and practice.
- To be a grassroots voice of DPOs in England and work with our sister organisations in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland so that we continue to build a powerful voice in the monitoring of the UN CRPD and develop collective influence to the problems disabled people are facing across the UK.
- To represent DPOs and groups in England at an international level.