The International Committee was set up in early 2019. The Committee membership includes representatives from the ROFA Steering group with additional members who are Disabled people with international development experience. The International will also seek representation from national DPOs in the devolved nations. The ROFA International Committee has the following objectives:
- Promote the human rights of disabled people internationally by developing a leadership in the Disabled people’s movement in the UK and the global south that can campaign for the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
- Partner with like-minded INGOs, where possible, to strengthen our mutual goals of building the capacity of DPOs in the South.
- Increase the voice and agency of disabled people and disabled people’s organisations (DPOs) in development cooperation.
- Have a strong voice of UK DPOs in Europe and in Disabled People’s International and resources to participate
- Sustainable funding for and development of the Commonwealth Disability Forum and Young Disabled People’s Forum
- Build the capacity of UK DPOs to engage in development cooperation with DPOs in the South