On Saturday 1st June over 50 ROFA members from across England attended a Conference on UK Disability and International Development and Cooperation at Student Central, University of London Union, London. Discussions focused on:
- Members of Department for International Development (DfID) staff presented their new Disability Inclusion strategy followed by workshops.
- Participants discussed the role of DPOs in international development – history and context (UN CRPD Art 32)
- International cooperation with DPOs – barriers and facilitators
Sharing learning and ideas on how to facilitate international cooperation between UK based DPOs and DPOs in developing countries
The conference was organised by ROFA International Committee and also involved DPOs from Wales and N. Ireland. The conference was funded by DfID.
The conference also discussed:
- How UK DDPOs should be represented internationally
- What structure do we need?
- Relaunch of the Commonwealth Disabled People’s Forum
- Representation to European Disability Forum