Inclusion London is seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and versatile Deaf / Disabled person to play a key role in the expansion of our Campaigns, Justice and Policy work.
- Closing date for applications: 5 August 2021
- Contact phone: 020 7237 3181 voicemail
- Contact email: Gelila.Tekle-Mariam@inclusionlondon.org.uk
Salary: £38,000-£40,000 per annum; full time 35 hours per week; permanent post
Inclusion London is a leading disability equality organisation run by and for Deaf and Disabled people. We have built a national reputation for effective policy and campaign work and our mission is nothing less than full equality and inclusion for Deaf and Disabled people with our communities leading the change we need to see.
We are committed to equality, diversity and reflecting the communities we serve and we particularly welcome applications from Deaf or Disabled people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
To lead Inclusion London’s campaign and policy work at London level. You will establish and facilitate effective engagement and co-ordination of Deaf and Disabled Peoples’ Organisations (DDPOs) so our sector’s voice is heard and we are able to influence policy and practice. You will also deliver a range of advice, support, training and resources to help DDPOs and Deaf/Disabled people better understand and uphold their rights.
- To establish and support DDPOs representation and engagement in pan-London and national strategic consultation structures.
- To lead delivery of our CJP (Campaigns, Justice and Policy) capacity building work supporting DDPOs to building their advice, campaigns, voice & policy skills and capacity.
- To deliver a range of training and one-to-one advice on key disability equality issues including Human Rights, equalities, discrimination, social care, housing and welfare benefits.
- To supervise a small number of CJP staff, including trainees, volunteers and consultants.
- To work with the Director of Campaigns and Justice (DCJ) on service development, evaluation and monitoring and deputise for DCJ when necessary.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Thursday 5 August 2021
Candidates invited to interview will be informed by: Friday 13 August 2021
Interviews will take place via zoom on: Thursday 2 September 2021
We support flexible / homeworking with a mix of home and office working expected at our fully accessible office in Brixton subject to Covid regulations.
How to Apply
Please download the following documents:
- Guidance Notes for Applicants – this tells you how to apply for the post
- Job Description & Person Specification – describes the role and skills / experience we are looking for
- Personal Data Information Consent Form
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Job contact details: Gelila.Tekle-Mariam@inclusionlondon.org.uk 020 7237 3181 (voicemail)
Disclaimer: The posts on this noticeboard are from Inclusion London member organisations. Inclusion London cannot assume any responsibility for the services advertised, and the views expressed, unless specifically stated, are not those of Inclusion London. The accessibility of any event listed is the responsibility of the event organiser, and we advise contacting the organisation directly if you have any questions about accessing the training or events listed.